At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Provide corporate legal services to Emerson and its subsidiaries to ensure all such legal entities are compliant with state and local regulation and are in good standing in their respective jurisdictions. Prepare transactions documents related to all legal entity changes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of Emerson's US subsidiaries minute books, draft resolutions and bylaws, prepare and file incorporation documents, state qualifications and withdrawals, collaboration with Tax and Treasury entity activity, and prepare and file merger/dissolution documents
- Manage and track Requests for Authorization (“RFA”) forms (CPP 010.20) submitted from Emerson business platforms
- Manage and oversee subsidiary related aspects of RFA approved transactions (often reflected in “step plans”) including drafting corporate documents such as consents, capital contributions, basic merger agreements, share transfer agreements and the like
- Assist outside counsel, M&A and Business Development groups on new acquisitions and divestitures
- Coordinate necessary information for Hart-Scott-Rodino filings
- Manage and maintain a legal entity management system of Emerson subsidiaries worldwide and answer questions relating thereto
- Prepare incumbency certificates, powers of attorney and secretary certificates
- Coordinate executive and subsidiary director signatures on a variety of corporate documents
- Draft worldwide corporate structure charts and global subsidiary lists
- Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed
- Review and manage invoices submitted for subsidiary related work
- Miscellaneous research in historical corporate records including stock matters
- Special projects as requested by staff attorneys
Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
Minimum of five years paralegal experience in law firm or corporate law department
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency and familiar with database applications in general
Desired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Paralegal Certificate preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website