At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Security Engineer will be responsible for helping to build and support Threat and Vulnerability Management?s Internet of Things (IoT) security service. This includes threat modeling, risk assessments, security design and review, and product security assessments. The position will primarily be responsible for supporting and executing threat models, risk assessments, security reviews, creating appropriate documentation, and developer training. They will work closely with product development teams during their life cycles to build in security throughout and potentially test to verify the implemented controls.
They will interface with the Emerson Business Group information security and application leaders to provide timely threat models, security assessments, reporting, guidance and assistance with remediation where applicable.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Threat modeling and risk assessments supporting Emerson applications, infrastructure and products
- Security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Security architecture, application, and product design reviews
- Security metrics development, delivery and improvements
- Security guidance documentation
- Test and validate security controls are properly implemented for Emerson application, infrastructure and products
- Projects and research work as needed
- Security tool assessment and development
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling, embedded systems and IoT security, web and mobile security, secure software development, cryptography, network security, penetration testing
- Threat modeling and risk assessment approaches in diverse enterprises, products, and software development styles.
- Experience performing threat modeling using standards such as STRIDE
- An understanding of network, web, IoT, and industrial related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTPS, Modbus, MQTTS)
- An understanding of web services, and cloud architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with programming languages (such as C/C++, Ruby, Python, etc.) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid ?analysis paralysis?)
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Sharp analytical abilities
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website