At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Project/Manufacturing Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Chanhassen location, you will support the production of Rosemount products using proven technologies, products and/or processes to meet quality, cost, schedule, and performance goals.
AS A PROJECT/MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Apply technical expertise, commensurate with formal training and minimal job experience, in the production of products. The work involves routine applications of proven, well-documented technology with minimal technical risk. Select, design or recommend tools, fixtures, and equipment. Develop manufacturing processes and procedures to reduce problems and cost. May develop and present manufacturing process training. Recommend design changes to increase quality or reduce problems and costs. Participate in discrepant material review. Participate in developing cost estimates. Solve production problems and improves process capabilities. May participate in presentation of test results and design reviews.
- Interact with other functional groups, vendors, or customers primarily on routine technical matters. Interacts primarily with Production Control, Quality, Design, and other engineering functions. Seek guidance and approval of supervisor or project leader before company resources are committed to customers or vendors. May interact with or lead process improvement team.
- Prepare detailed plans, generally spanning several weeks, necessary to complete assignments. May plan schedules for assigned personnel. Plans work to comply with project schedules.
- Participate in the administration of technical procedures. Writes procedures. Initiates and implements routine engineering change authorizations. Maintains cost and quality reporting documents.
- Support capacity model and lean initiatives. May participate in lean six sigma improvement teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science from an engineering school.
- 0-2+ years of relative experience
- Ability to support Chanhassen and Eden Prairie facility.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- ABET-accredited engineering degree
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree
- Previous Manufacturing Experience
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Apply on company website