At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility and authority for the implementation and execution of Customer projects. This includes having a complete understanding of the project scope and requirements while also having ownership for timely delivery and profitability.
- Coordinates large, highly complex and/or multi-national projects.
- Negotiates the initial scope of the project, change orders, terms and conditions and all additions or expansions to the project with the Local Business Partner/Sales Office, Global Industry Sales and/or Customer.
- Quote and own the Lead-Time and Comments to the Manufacturing Specs during the pursuit phase
- Approve the lead-time commitment, especially during negotiations
- Approve any deviations to the Comments to the Manufacturing Specs and understand comments to the Commercial T&C's, Legal T&C's and Technical Product Spec
- Participate in joint project review/discussion with the pursuit team
- Lead internal and external communication meetings to ensure alignment
- Lead Customer Kickoff meetings to ensure alignment between Emerson and Customer on all aspects of the project
- Lead Internal Kick-off Meetings to provide clarity and resolve any open issues in the Execution Plan
- Coordinate Pre-Inspection meetings with the Customer's Inspector and achieve clarity to the inspection requirements and process.
- Ensure the PO to Quote reconciliation is completed, which includes resolving all issues prior to PO Acceptance.
- Develop and own the Project Plan that includes schedules, milestones, procurement strategy, execution strategy, financial targets, resources, communications and considerations of risks.
- Establish a manufacturing plan that considers material costs, project site location and best cost country capabilities through effective planning scheduling and management.
- Ensure alignment with the Customer on the Emerson Commitment Date and the Customer PO Dates including milestone dates for drawing and procedure submittals, drawing and procedures approvals, equipment inspection notifications, and “Ready for Inspection” dates.
- Interface and continuously communicate with the LBP, Contractor, and/or Customer throughout the life of the project to provide updates, milestones, and progress. Serve as primary point of communication for Pressure Management.
- Effectively provide leadership for a comprehensive project team consisting of project administration, order administration, engineering and factory project personnel who are responsible for executing portions of the project.
- Coordinate and manage activities from factory(s), logistics company(s), freight forwarder(s) and others as required to meet project requirements.
- Ensure proper project close-out; such as lessons learned, documentation completion, payment completion and MRO handoff.
- BA or BS Degree
- Experience related to Project Management
- 3 years direct Project Management experience OR 5 years Order Engineering or Customer or Engineering experience
- Must possess organizational savvy & agility
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Ability to work through processes and systems
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people to meet their needs
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to influence and motivate
- Professional and timely communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy, database management
- Ability to comprehend technical details/technical literacy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, acknowledge mistakes, and possess emotional intelligence/diplomacy
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website