At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Emerson Automation Solutions is actively seeking a Project Manager to lead diverse teams of professionals in the execution of medium to large sized projects with moderate to high complexity. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship with customers as well as the execution performance and commercial success of the project while working in a team-orientated environment utilizing local and global Emerson project resources.
- Accountable for cultivating and establishing solid customer relationships
- Independently leads projects and provides periodic oversight and guidance to less experienced Project Managers
- Leads project management activity on large pursuits and projects with significant cross functionality that may be standalone projects or part of a bigger project or program
- Leads risk assessment exercises on projects that have moderate to high risk
- Skilled in negotiating with 3rd party vendors, suppliers, clients and internal teams
- Manage project scope and financial health through management of change processes
- Overall accountability for project scope, deliverables schedule, budget, safety and quality
- Lead establishment of project objectives aligned with customer expectations
- Establish and Lead project teams in development of project plans, budgets, communication plans and execution strategies
- Display high level project management acumen through effective change control, scope control, schedule control and risk management strategies
- Lead and direct project teams in alignment with project objectives
- Establish, identify and secure project roles and resources
- Communicate regular project status reports to internal and external stakeholders
This position is located in St. Louis, MO. Moderate travel will be expected as necessary to support customer meetings, design / review meetings, design information gathering, construction support, check-out, commissioning and startup.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree, with a minimum 6-10 years of experience and at least 4 years managing cross functional project teams
- Possess excellent leadership skills, working to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others
- Possess excellent verbal, multi-mode communication skills that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Possess excellent presentation skills enabling professional communication and presentation accuracy with customer and organizational leadership
- Skilled in data visualization tools (Power BI and Tableau) to aid in a variety of data analysis activities to drive business decisions
- Adept in working with third party contractors and have proven ability to convey a professional image while building and sustaining customer relationships
- Have excellent business acumen with a clear understanding of Revenue/Cost/Profit, be experienced in managing both fixed price and reimbursable projects, and comfortable with meeting with Emerson management reporting financials and project performance metrics.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, be highly organized, capable of prioritizing and assigning work in a project team environment with interdisciplinary teams of different backgrounds often distributed in different geographic locations in the world.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, be able to work with minimum supervision and have effective communication skills.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website