At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an Engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, OH location, you will provide reliability assessment services to internal and external customers by creating and executing product life test plans that meet product reliability requirements for new product development, supplier changes, customer support and production changes. Other forms of reliability services performed will include reliability data analyses for existing and new designs, root cause analysis, life test tracking and support of the labs. You will require collaboration in cross functional teams that include Engineering, Quality, Application Engineering, Project Managers and the Product Evaluation Labs. You will also support internal department objectives of advancing the reliability modeling methods and assessment tools. You will also seek out opportunities to apply new methods and modeling throughout the product development process to meet product reliability objectives and optimize lab resource utilization and project schedules.
AS A PROJECT ENGINEER - RELIABILITY, YOU WILL:
- Create and execute test plans that are in alignment with FMEA, application risk analyses, product requirements and business objectives
- Analyze reliability life data from field and internal test sources to support customer requests
- Actively seek opportunities to create and apply reliability modeling to enhance the product development experience for customers (including life test & field data analyses and stress acceleration modeling)
- Assist with root cause analysis of failures (must be able to understand compressor component functions and failure modes)
- Work within cross functional teams to identify field reliability, robustness and safety concerns
- Contribute to and participate in new product development gate review processes, risk assessments and product launch decisions
You are someone who creates teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You are someone who encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation as well as experiment to find new solutions. You are someone who draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources and know-how.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree plus minimum of one year of experience in engineering product development environment. Co-op experience would be considered
- Solid understanding of the Refrigeration cycle and other thermodynamics principles
- Solid understanding of quality techniques (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, Juran)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States - Sponsoship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Five years of experience in engineering product development environment
- Master of science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Basic/intermediate level understanding of Reliability life analysis and application of statistical life distributions throughout the product life bathtub curve
- Basic/intermediate level understanding of stress acceleration models and their applications
- Modern HVACR system and application knowledge – electronics reliability qualification knowledge
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website