At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Product Marketing Manager in the Product Structure Value Stream has global responsibility to analyze our product portfolios and determine which products, that are currently engineered to order, should be able to be configured and sold without manual intervention.
AS A PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Analyze portfolio and develop key strategies for product growth and improvement.
- Establish need for new constructions valued by the customer and manages product complexity by removing options from the product offering when appropriate.
- Work with business unit specific marketing personnel product enhancement projects including defining new product requirements, stage gate approvals, and appropriations requests.
- Manage the product portfolio by ensuring literature is up to date and reviewing structural pricing.
- Analyze product portfolios and work with customer requirements to increase product options as presented to customers.
- Analyze product ordering process to determine gaps in product configurability.
- Coordinate the pricing with marketing and verify that the required documents are all in alignment.
- Work with our Fisher First 2 system programmers to ensure that the code and data are in sync prior to promotion to production.
- Organize product line information for items going into the Oracle business system.
- Comparing the Engineered Masters to the Fisher First 2 data model to ensure that the most recent Engineering Master Modules are utilized.
- Gather requirements and putting the necessary resources together to accomplish projects from engineering, marketing and Global Industry Sales.
- Analyze data within the Fisher First 2 and Oracle systems on special product usage and make suggestions to the marketing/engineering teams for standardization of configurations.
- Find usage patterns on product families and validate ease of customer order
- Develop tools for the Product Structure Value Stream to perform required analysis as specified by the team
- You identify opportunities that benefit the customer
- You identify & seize new opportunities
- You adjust communication to fit the audience and the message
- You effectively handle risk
- Minimum BA/BS Degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Marketing degree preferred
- Previous experience preferred
- Prior industry/product management experience
- Ability to plan and execute work
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Initiative and self-starter, detailed oriented
- Ability to develop strong global relationships
- Ability to set priorities and manage time
- Strong presentation and customer service skills
- SQL and Oracle querying experience preferred
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website