At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
This position is responsible managing all business aspects of White-Rodgers gas valve products for the HVAC market and adjacent areas. This is an entrepreneurial role requiring leadership skills, working with customers and internal teams, and developing strategic plans to maximize the business value of the product portfolio.Responsibilities
- Manage product development, including leading cross-functional project teams
- Analyze competitive products' strengths and weaknesses
- Develop roadmaps and long-term strategies for market positioning and new product opportunities
- Analyze and synthesize market dynamics, legislation, competitive assessment, and user needs with product and application expertise to generate new product opportunities.
- Evaluate new product idea potential with respect to market opportunities and trends, consider their effect on the overall portfolio, and capitalize on attractive opportunities for the business.
- Develop business case and financial justification for product line initiatives, and present these plans to upper management
- Manage all aspects of the product life cycle, including SKU management, product line profitability, competitive pricing/positioning, forecasting and end-of-life planning.
- Assume complete business ownership of the product portfolio, monitor and manage the financial health of product offerings, and determine appropriate actions to drive results.
- Collaborate regularly with other departments to inform business decisions and maintain strategic alignment.
- Guide marketing and sales efforts by providing value stories, technical content, and other promotional points for product line literature and presentations, including the presentation of this material internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel to customers, suppliers, and manufacturing facilities domestically and internationally. (Up to 30%)
- BS in Engineering or Business/Marketing or the equivalent in practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years product or project management related work experience
- Working knowledge of the markets, products & equipment manufacturers in the HVAC industry
- Working knowledge of Natural Gas/LP heating systems and components
- Proven managerial skills in dealing with product lines
- Proven business communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skilled in developing and delivering presentations
- MBA or graduate studies
- Sales/Marketing experience
- Experience in the gas heating and/or industrial valve business
- Experience working with HVAC system manufacturers
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Mindset
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website