At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an ENGINEERING professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our MOUNT PLEASANT, WISCONSIN location, you will be responsible for implementing new products and design changes targeted to improve quality and reduce manufacturing cost. You will also be responsible for the production and Administrative Product Engineering support. Requires interface and communications with other functional areas of the business as needed.
AS A PRODUCTION ENGINEER II, YOU WILL:
- Responsible to create new products to meet marketing specifications for one or more InSinkErator's product categories: Household Disposers, Grind2Energy, Foodservice or Water Dispensing Technologies.
- Solve problems in straightforward situations: analyze possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents.
- Understand key business drivers and use this understanding to accomplish your own work.
- Explain complex information to others through oral or written communication.
- Provide technical support to those in other functional areas, including but not limited to new designs to improve cost and quality, manufacturing process improvements, “day to day” production quality, and material substitutions.
- Prepare New Product Releases, Deviations, BOM's, and Engineering Change Orders or review the same for accuracy.
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision; plan, schedule, and coordinate assigned projects.
- Request and oversee lab testing where needed to support projects.
You drill down to root causes to gather relevant information. You engage frontline employees for input and evaluate their best ideas. You understand what you do well, and what areas still need development and mentor(s).REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline, plus 3 years related Engineering experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline plus Masters in an applicable field.
- Travel requirements of up to 5%
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorhsip for this role will not be available.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3D CAD experience required, experience with NX software a plus.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
We offer a Flexible Work Schedule where you will work with your manager to enjoy a work schedule that can flex with your life schedule
- You get more than just a paycheck
- Tuition Reimbursement- decide to go back to school and we can help pay back your tuition costs
- Mentorship Program - be paired with someone who wants to see you grow
- SOAR- take your career to new heights with this employee resource group
- Profit-Sharing - you'll share in the profits since you are part of this company.
- Activities to engage employee interaction (BBQs in the summer, Donut Days, company picnic, community outreach, wellness contests), which helps create and maintain a fun and interactive corporate culture. You should enjoy your time at work.
About our Location
Headquartered in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, InSinkErator® is the world's largest manufacturer of garbage disposals and instant hot water dispensers for home and commercial use. We recently moved into our new modern headquarters and state-of-the-art lab space that will facilitate continued InSinkErator innovation and growth, enabling us to showcase the leading technologies that we're developing here in Wisconsin. For over 80 years, the company has delivered long-lasting innovative products, with superior grind and sound performance, trouble-free operation, fast, easy installation, and a We Come To You® In-Home Limited Warranty.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website