At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
As a Pricing Specialist you are responsible for pricing new product launches, coordinating annual price increases, maintaining channel pricing and discounting models, performing continuous pricing and margin analyses and supporting strategic pricing projects for the Professional Tools business in EMEA. The function offers broader insights in sales planning and marketing processes. You will be working in close relationship with the sales, marketing and finance departments.
You will report to the Manager Sales Planning & Pricing EMEA (based in Belgium).
- Work closely with the sales and marketing department to define pricing for new products.
Independently manage the process for pricing new products
- Coordinate annual price increase process and creation of regional pricelists
Maintain product pricing in the ERP systems
- Play a key role in maintaining the reward-for-performance based discounting model for channel partners.
Analyze and determine the required level of discount for channel partners
- Maintain distributor discounts in the ERP systems
- Assess special discount requests based on detailed price and margin analysis
- Support strategic pricing & discounting projects
- Perform continuous pricing and margin analyses. Provide analytical insights for reporting and channel management purposes.
Independently drive monthly analyses on regional price increases and deviations
- Work with finance department on detailed analysis of regional gross profit margins.
- Proactively identify margin issues at product/distributor/regional level. Come with improvement plans.
- Map regional price differences and support price harmonization projects.
Required qualifications and experience:
- You hold an academic degree in economics, business, finance, marketing or fields.
- You have a relevant first experience in pricing, business analysis, sales/marketing or related.
- You have excellent Excel skills and basic knowledge of business intelligence software and ERP systems.
- You have strong analytical skills and you like to “crunch numbers” independently.
- You are able to set priorities, cope with busy periods and meet deadlines.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- You are eager to learn and have an intrinsic curiosity for business processes and results.
- Available to travel occasionally
We offer a position within the sales & marketing organization of an international company where you will be able to independently manage daily pricing processes and to support strategic pricing and discounting projects with detailed analytical insights. You will be working closely with the sales, marketing and finance department which allows for broader insights in sales and marketing processes. The challenging environment offers interesting opportunities for growth over time.
Apply on company website