At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.We are seeking a Nuclear Products Engineer to join our team. For the right candidate, this role can lead to other challenging opportunities in engineering in Louisville, or perhaps within the vast Emerson network of companies around the world! Located in Louisville since the 1950s, TopWorx is a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions. We are a leading global provider of valve control and position sensing solutions for the process industries. Our solutions enable plants, platforms, and pipelines to manage and control operations more intelligently, safely, and efficiently under the most demanding, harsh, and extreme environments. We continue to expand distribution around the world and create new and re-engineered products and solutions for our customers.
As a Nuclear Products Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Effectively present and communicate qualification criteria, plans and activities to internal and external customers and interact in a team environment
- Prepare test plans and procedures, perform qualification testing, evaluate test data, and generate final reports documenting the qualification of safety-related mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment
- Appropriately apply mechanical and structural engineering principles, concepts, and practices to the seismic, environmental, and electro-magnetic compatibility qualification of safety-related mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment
- Assist sales personnel with the selection of the correct product and determine what modifications could be designed if no existing product is applicable
- Provide justification for Nuclear documentation/drawing changes
- Organization of Nuclear engineering data
- Support New Product Development as required
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
WHO YOU ARE
You convert ideas into actions and produce results with new initiatives. You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams. You are open to change and continue to learn and experience new opportunities. You research initiatives and try new approaches. You create a plan and outline for various audiences
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or closely related discipline required
- You are expected to be proficient in the following competencies: optimizes work processes (identifies, designs, and seeks new ways to improve processes for a more efficient workflow), driving results (is bottomline-driven and can accomplish objectives despite obstacles and setbacks), collaboration (builds partnerships and trust across the organization), and action oriented (takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm).
- Project management skills associated with the ability to plan and coordinate projects involving multiple disciplines
- Has demonstrated working knowledge of plant safety systems, regulatory requirements, and equipment qualification requirements
- Capability to perform and document finite element analysis and hand calculations for various equipment and structures under seismic and other dynamic loadings
- Experience working in the nuclear power industry
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website