At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining us as a Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Lead Engineer for the European MES Team, under the guidance of the Operations Manager, you will take day-to-day responsibility for the single/multiple countries MES projects (mainly within biotech and pharmaceutical industry), leading and supervising members of the team, coordinating solutions to technical queries and providing input on schedule and estimate to complete to the Project Manager(s) or alternatively will support the local Lead Engineers during the MES projects deployed locally.
If you feel at home when working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, have strong social skills and action orientation, then we are inviting you to join the team from our office in Germany.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Create an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the project team and actively support team members in achieving any personal development objectives that may have been set for the project.
- Act as technical authority for the project and final escalation point for any project technical issue related to Syncade platform and configuration, maintaining an effective collaboration with Tech Steering group.
- Mentor, train and support the Lead Engineers for both local and European organization to successfully implement MES projects, by sharing best practices and know-how.
- Work effectively with customer and sales team to understand the customer's business needs, how a proposed solution will address those needs and be able to articulate this to the project team, and any third parties.
- Be the client's point of contact on all technical issues.
- Perform high-level technical analysis and evaluation.
- Demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
- Support the Project Manager in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and ensure that the Project Quality Checklist is completed so that the Quality and Project Management Plan is implemented accurately.
- Define functional requirements through client interviews and documentation analysis and develop detailed designs that meet client requirements (solution includes technical documentation required for validated facilities) and support the local Lead Engineer with these activities when needed.
- Ensure that the defined requirements are developed, documented and tested through good implementation (based on project configuration guidelines), cGMP and testing guidelines.
- Collaborate with procurement team to develop the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates.
- Ensure that the solution architecture is in line with the Tech Steering validation, that includes scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration/collaboration, project estimations.
- Ensure that the project execution is in line with MES execution Methodology as per Emerson PMO guideline.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Engineering degree or equivalent and at least 7 years' experience in the MES business with focus on the life-science industry along with project management experience.
- Confirmed experience of MES project design (including high-level front-end design, functional and detailed design) and project execution (requirements analysis, design definition, design review, software development and review, solution implementation, testing and acceptance, traceability).
- Excellent knowledge of MES systems (e.g. Emerson Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X, POMSnet).
- Strong background in one or more DCS systems, information/data management systems, relational databases and interfacing (especially OPC) is preferred.
- Significant experience implementing projects in a validated environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability to apply Emerson project procedures and MES Execution Methodology as per PMO.
- Knowledge of ERP (including integration with SAP), active directory, DNS, IP networks and virtualisation is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees at different levels in the organisation.
- Resilience and ability to maintain a positive attitude and high-level personal integrity.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Proficiency in English and German (written and spoken).
- Availability to travel to Europe up to 50-60% of the time. Travel can be for a short period of time or longer assignments (e.g. commissioning, tests at customer site, if required).
WHO YOU ARE:
You are an ambitious, self-reliant individual, passionate about owning challenges and making and impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and you are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a MES Lead Engineer Europe you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website