At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are an engineer looking for new challenges, the Emerson Global Life Sciences team has an opportunity that should interest you. In this position you will work with a team of MES specialists at some of the most innovative manufacturing and pharma manufacturing companies in the world. Our Emerson Life Science global team of MES engineers currently work on projects for customers involving Cell and Gene therapies, chemical synthesis, biopharma, and other Life Science areas.
We are actively helping our customers to bring products to market with efficiency through accelerated product release through deviation management, process enforcement, ensuring record completion, and real-time equipment/material verification. Our teams also deliver high value system integrations to ERP, LIMS, CMMS, and control systems – including Emerson's own, industry-leading, DeltaV DCS, as we deliver value with our Syncade MES platform.
AS AN MES ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Design, develop, implement, troubleshoot, test and document Syncade MES solutions that meet client's requirements in an office environment
- Participate in requirement workshops, installing/migrating solutions and providing short term support at customer sites
- Work as a team player within project teams
- Adhere to Emerson Quality Management System working on projects
- Develop documentation required for qualification activities/processes
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Support start-ups of complex MES systems at customers' plants
- You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You solicit both input and discussion. You align words and actions to model reliability.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor's (or higher) degree or graduated within last 2 years.
- (Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Biomedical Engineering) or (an Engineering or Computer Science degree with a minimum of 1-year experience in Life Sciences manufacturing)
- 3.0 GPA or higher. Must include GPA on resume and provide transcripts upon request.
- Prior experience servicing customers, clients or internal support with strong written, verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think out of box
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/ troubleshoot issues and translate customer needs to a team.
- General understanding of object-oriented programming, XML, SQL, and VBScript
- A minimum of 25% travel is expected with this position. Travel will be mostly domestic, but some international travel may be required.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated leadership skills (served in leadership role in student organization).
- A completed course or intermediate experience in Object-oriented programming design and development of software applications using Microsoft .NET (Visual Basic, C#), XML, JSON, MS-SQL Server, Web Parts, Web Services, etc.
- Internship or lab experience in an area related to Life Sciences
- Ability to create customer process mapping per User requirements/specifications
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website