At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Perform daily laboratory tasks to complete engineering project assignments. Focus will be on improving and maintaining existing processes as well as assisting in the implementation of new models and equipment. May assist or train new technicians. Effectively communicate the status of project assignments to co-workers, management and engineers. Use good judgment to manage risk and solve problems.
Comply with all Emerson Corporate and Lab Safety Standards, including EPA regulations. Support and perform all positions in the Cost Center which include but not limited to: Plant Internal Inspections, Customer Line Return Inspections, Effectively operate Gas Cycle, Calorimeter, and Break-In Stands. Perform maintenance and troubleshoot lab equipment, Effectively communicate technical information to various groups including but not limited to; co-workers, engineers, management and quality personnel. Be involved in Safety+5S, & other Perfect Execution Practices. Accurate use of electronic data collection and communicative systems.
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.
- Apply HVAC/R or Mechanical skills to set-up and install various Copeland compressor models for test purposes.
- Effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms to various groups, including but not limited to: co-workers, supervisors, and engineers.
- Adhere to all corporate and laboratory safety standards and policies, including all EPA regulations.
- Demonstrate conscientious and ambitious behavior.
- Follow laboratory test instructions to performance test compressors.
- Work in a team environment and individually.
- Review test data for compliance to applicable test standards.
- Document test results completely and accurately.
- Accurately enter data into computerized performance tracking system.
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on lab equipment as needed.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with ISO Standards.
- Utilize safe methods to be able to maintain test methods which include some heavy lifting, standing for extended period of time, use of hand tools, use of cutting and brazing equipment.
- Work Hours: 1st Shift
- Associates Degree in HVAC plus one (1) year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good communication skills; Verbal and Electronic; interact with levels of Management and Engineering
- Good mechanical skills
- Good computer skills
- Self motivated; work with minimal supervision
- Associates Degree in HVAC plus three (3) year of experience
- Advanced troubleshooting & problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills; strong use of data entry/collection
- Strong mechanical skills
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website