At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work within a team to provide guidance through the complex manufacturing trade-offs necessary to bring new compression products to market. This person will be integrally involved in the design and layout of the manufacturing processes necessary for the new compressors.
- Design tooling and equipment for the assembly of the compressors
- Design tests to verify validity of components made from new manufacturing processes
- Execute Design of Experiments to provide data driven decision making.
- Understand machining and assembly capabilities to provide feedback to design engineering for the purpose of creating print specifications consistent with Design for Manufacturing standards.
- Work in a team environment to generate manufacturing/assembly specifications and prints.
- Execute PFMEA analysis and to implement the necessary corrective actions from the analysis
- Work in model-based environment (NX) to collaborate with design engineering
- Manage complexity and make quality decisions in a fast paced, ever changing team environment
- Collaborate with other technical functions to drive robust, sound, technical decision
- Coordinate with suppliers, engineering and lab to deliver prototypes, samples and mass production product
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers
- Travel required: 10-15%
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent
Two (2) years of relevant experience or combined equivalent work & educational experience
Proven success in cross functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
Proven success in a manufacturing/design environment
Familiarity with the assembly and manufacture of high-speed rotating equipment and shaft balancing processes
Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience
Prior experience designing, developing, and troubleshooting tooling and fixtures
Project management experience
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website