At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We have an excellent opportunity to join our organization and have a key part in improving our manufacturing processes! As Manufacturing Engineer, working with the Operations department, you will be performing a variety of engineering activities such as: planning and design of products, tools, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment and mechanical industrial processes, and oversee production, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
If you have an eye for safety, quality, innovation and efficiency with good knowledge of manufacturing engineering and you are keen to join a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we invite you to join our team in Ede, Netherlands!
In this role you will:
• Propose and implement new equipment designs and/or production processes to support growth and improve quality and costs.
• Programming of different control systems and machines like PLC
• Identify and implement possible Robotic Process Automation opportunities.
• Qualify equipment using statistical techniques and methods to ensure that product and equipment goals have been accomplished.
• Support with database development, maintenance, connection and implementation. Create and maintain documentation for software applications.
• Maintain awareness of new manufacturing technology and equipment and investigates their potential applications and recommend incorporation of new technology for Company applications where feasible and practical.
• Troubleshoot manufacturing processes with issues.
• Observe safety regulations and comply with company policies
For this role you will need:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering field, such as Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Mechatronics or equivalent (minimum technical college level)
• At least 3 to 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment involving manufacturing engineering functions and quality related topics with statistical process control experience
• Knowledge of machine vision systems, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and ability to read electrical diagrams or openness to learn
• Experience in object-oriented design/programming on Microsoft Visual Studio .NET; Microsoft SQL Databases; SQL Server Reporting services; C# development; .NET;
• Experience with, or exposure to, the latest Digital transformation trends; Cloud applications, API platforms, RPA, and Analytics.
• Analytical and Conceptual ability
• Fluency (written and oral) in English and Dutch required
Who you are:
You are customer focused and passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Manufacturing Engineer you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
APPLICATION FORM AND CV TO BE SUBMITTED AT: INTERNAL: https://emerson.taleo.net/careersection/in/jobsearch.ftl
Job Code (21007817)
FOR MORE INFORMATION Faith.Redmond@Emerson.com
CLOSING DATE June 28th 2021
ADDITIONAL INFO Contract Type: Full-Time | Referral Bonus: Eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Apply on company website