At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Would you like to administer Servers and Storage Services within a great international project team and work with a mix of big and small projects?
By joining us as an IT Server Administrator, you will deliver agreed level of Server Services to internal customers, users and manage associated applications technology and infrastructure supporting delivery of these services in an always-on, ITIL inspired environment.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj Napoca, Romania.
In this role you will:
- Provide 2nd & 3rd Level Support for Emerson On-Premise IT Server and Storage infrastructure globally with a focus in Europe, Middle-East and Africa region
- Strive for optimization through automation, demonstrate collaboration (e.g. with other teams) and efficiency of process and procedure;
- Keep servers up-to-date with current firmware and administration tools versions;
- Ensure standard configuration, monitoring and maintenance of standard storage systems (local storage, SANs, etc.) in a production environment;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of hardware refresh projects, respecting the hardware lifecycle process and the hardware deployment and imaging procedures;
- Reporting and data mining will be a key task using defined reporting tools - reporting metrics, such as server uptime, storage free space, etc. (as defined in relevant SLAs);
- Produce and maintain up-to-date server and storage operating procedures and documentation;
For this role you will need:
- Advanced Hypervisor technologies (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix, vCenter, Prism);
- Backup technologies and solutions (e.g. Veeam, CommVault, Avamar)
- Proficient in patching technologies (e.g. WSUS, Ivanti);
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory;
- Basic SQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 Server skills (backup, restore, duplicate, scheduled maintenance);
- Language knowledge - fluent in English; Other languages an advantage (e.g. Filipino, Mandarin, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian).
- Experience of a support role in a diverse multi-national environment is an advantage
Apply on company website