At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The IT Program Manager shares responsibility for requirements definition, implementation, and support of business solutions for Emerson's Indirect Procurement Initiative. Systems and solutions will be designed to integrate with Emerson's installed base of ERP and Business Intelligence platforms. The manager utilizes knowledge of best practices, new technologies, ERP systems, business intelligence, and integration technologies to design, implement and support an ability to manage the sourcing, procurement, usage and analysis of indirect material and services.PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively with Supply Chain and IT teams to understand program requirements and assist with evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Assist with program rollout activities, including business units and trading partners, project coordination, status reporting and communication to program management.
- Works closely with 3rd-party technical and operations personnel to optimize technical infrastructure capabilities and requirements.
- Proactively monitors processes to identify trends; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring in order to ensure high service levels.
- Serves as a team member or leader within multi-functional supply chain programs as assigned.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans to align with business priorities.
- Serves as a project liaison with outside and internal organizations (consultants, trading partners, business units).
- Ensures project documentation is complete and maintained.
Works effectively in a global highly matrixes team environment
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- 5 to 7 years of IT experience including implementation of ERP systems
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing complex projects in a highly matrixed environment.
- Working knowledge of XML (OAGIS), EDI, and Oracle Middleware.
- Familiarity with supply chain, procurement and payment business processes and concepts with an emphasis on Indirect Procurement
- Broad knowledge and experience with various ERP systems and business intelligence platforms. Working knowledge of Oracle eBusiness Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence is highly preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation with strong written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with presenting to diverse technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Capable of performing detailed data analysis to identify opportunities and gain higher-level insight.
- Ability to multi-task and work within diverse multi-disciplinary global project teams.
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Apply on company website