At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Emerson uses its Internal Audit Department to develop future Emerson Controllers, CFOs and other top management. Audit Managers spend 3-4 years in the department, and then rotate out into a finance or accounting position within Emerson Corporate or one of our 50+ Business Units.
This position provides an immediate opportunity to obtain extensive knowledge of Emerson's businesses, including organizational structure, business strategy, financial controls, and the Emerson management process. High exposure/interaction with top Emerson management necessitates excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates are highly motivated, ambitious individuals who are seeking an opportunity to make a difference.
- Responsible for managing audit teams of 3 to 4 auditors performing risk-based, financial audits and SOX 404 control reviews at Emerson business units throughout the world.
- Assist in department leadership activities such as deficiency remediation, staff development, audit committee preparation.
- Developing and implementing strategic compliance programs and policies designed to further strengthen Emerson's corporate governance program.
- Managing risk-based, financial audits and SOX 404 control reviews at Emerson Business Units primarily within the United States and Europe.
- Travel for this position is approximately 25%, primarily within the United States and Europe.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or MBA required
- 5-10 years of financial audit experience required (Big 4 or previous internal audit experience preferred).
Desired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CIA, CPA or CFA required.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website