At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Engineer who will be responsible for achieving the overall bookings target for the UKI Valves & Controls business throughout UK and Ireland. You will be part of the Final Control Internal Sales team and you will collaborate with Outside Sales, Product Managers and Sales operations manager.
Assisting and helping customers to identify the best for their application you will offer and sell complete product solutions and provide commercial and technical support.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you then join our team in Leicester!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Respond to sales enquiries from customers, qualifying all enquiries to ensure proposals demonstrate Emerson Process Management's full product and capabilities portfolio, maximizing all bookings opportunities and quote to order ratio;
• Ensure all proposals meet the customers' application and operational needs and offer the best solutions that highlight customer business benefits;
• Liaise with Field Sales and Account Management to prioritize effort, capture competitive intelligence, agree product direction and price strategy to improve customer service;
• Respond to customer queries and clarification requests;
• Ensure the timely entering of orders into the sales order processing system
• Maintain delegations of authority;
• Maximize opportunities for all other Emerson business units wherever possible;
• Work with Field Sales to report on quotation and project potential utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and SAP/Oracle;
• Liaise with Credit Management to resolve any invoice discrepancies and help reduce the company DSO levels;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Engineering degree or comparable technical education.
• Extensive sales experience in the Isolation / Valve industrial market.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Be an excellent teammate willing to work with other sales people in the region and globally.
• Willing to travel within UK and internationally
• Fluency in English
• Computer literacy essential with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Work and PowerPoint) essential
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as an Inside Sales Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website