At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Inside Sales Engineer assists customers by identifying the best solution for their application; offers and sells complete product solutions; provides commercial and technical support to customers; always aims to provide the highest standards of customer service in accordance with the Think Customer principles; works with peers, Outside Sales, Service Engineers, Product Managers, Business Managers, etc.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Qualify customer requests for quotation to ensure that a quote will meet the customers' application and operational needs.
• Prepare customer quotations that are on time, technically accurate, commercially verified, offering the best all-round solution.
• Follow-up on quotations with customers as agreed with Outside Sales.
• Negotiate sales orders within agreed delegation of authority.
• Maintain accurate and complete records in CRM.
• Ensure that purchase orders are commercially complete and accurate before processing for order entry in accordance with relevant procedures.
• Answer customer questions.
• Provide advice on technical solutions and benefits.
• Communicate with manufacturing locations for queries regarding lead-time, specials, etc.
• Provide after-sales service to customers.
• Attend customer meetings as required, including customer site visits.
• Ensure activities are carried out inline with agreed departmental KPIs.
• Attend relevant technical and commercial trainings as required to maintain a high level of product and process knowledge, including new products as and when released.
• Comply with local and international Emerson Trade Compliance and Quality Management procedures, as well as the Emerson Ethics policy, with respect to all business activities.
• Other responsibilities as reasonably required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering field
• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in same industry
• Fluent in English (verbal, reading and writing)
• Action Oriented
• Customer Focus
• Functional / Technical Skills
• Integrity & Trust
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Technical Learning
• Time Management
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website