At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Understand the market and customer strategies of the business for the target market. Be aware of current and future market needs and trends that impact our success.
- Collaborate with regional, global sales and business development teams to develop programs and strategies within the target market to drive accelerated growth
- Identify market sub-segments, applications and applied solutions which will increase engagement with customers, system integrators, OEMs and end users
- Engage with key and target accounts to understand voice of the customer needs for the industry
- Ensure appropriate support and training is provided to regional sales teams on market opportunities and identified programs
- Communicate with regional and global sales to optimize success rates for opportunities.
- Work closely with Product Management, Marketing and Regional Sales to identify new application opportunities, support marketing campaigns and influence product roadmaps.
- Network with Emerson peers in your target segment to influence and improve Emerson success and awareness through expanded solutions opportunities within the Emerson portfolio
- Primary focus on hybrid industries such as Mining & Metals and Pulp & Paper industries
- Analyze key industry dynamics to improve understanding and visibility of target segment including competitive analysis, market trends, selling techniques, and technical needs & capabilities
- Identify target sub-segments, accounts and critical sites within specified industry and support workshops and activities as the industry subject matter expert
- Understand how IOT / Industry 4.0 will impact the industry and help shape the business and portfolio strategy to drive customer relevance through our solutions.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to develop, propose and implement strategies in target segment to gain market share and improve leadership across target segments,
- Identify key customer pains and lead development of messaging strategy for the target market
- Advance marketing of our product and solutions for the target industry through marketing content, articles, events, campaigns and EE365 community to drive discussion and engagement
- Help regional sales teams develop and position applied solutions, products and services to increase business relevance with our customers and drive tangible growth
- Develop executive-level relationships with strategic customers and decision-makers; work with strategic accounts leader to identify new targets
- Work with Product Management leaders to incorporate industry insights into the new product funnel that will allow Emerson to take a best-in-class position.
- Actively participate in key 3rd party partnerships and associations relevant to the target industry – look for pilots to provide “proof of concept” and drive pilot execution.
Additional InformationTravel of up to 50%; international travel may be required.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science and 6+ years of experience or a Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years of experience; OR a Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience or a Master's and 7+ years of experience
- MBA is a plus
- 5 years of experience in an industrial automation environment, preferably in marketing and working with controls.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in target segment required; prefer experience from target industry end customer, discrete automation machine builder, or discrete automation supplier.
- Experience leading and implementing marketing strategies within a regional and matrix organization, with a focus on increasing customer engagement and sales growth.
- Exceptional skills in understanding business challenges and ability to think analytically and strategically to improve our programs and increase customer interaction
- Possess strong people and organizational skills with the ability to lead by effectively assigning, delegating, coordinating and monitoring the work of multiple stakeholders
- Broad based knowledge of sales planning and management, as well as strategy development
- Ability to train and coach sales team
- Good presentation and computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficient in English language, additional languages a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website