At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Human Resources & Talent Management professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, OH location, you will partner with HR and Business leadership to support our talent development programs and initiatives. Will provide direct support of employee learning and development systems for the Sidney, Ohio location while collaborating with training resources at other Emerson locations. This role will gain exposure and experience in multiple areas of Human Resources, including talent acquisition, talent reviews, and employee engagement.
AS A HR ANALYST - LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT, YOU WILL:
- Lead talent development execution and consistent application of our talent management HCM system for our business unit locations, including training our Learning Management System (LMS) and Performance Development (PDP) administrators, and supporting employees and managers to utilize these systems.
- Responsible for talent development metrics and reporting for HR and other business leadership, providing data-driven insights on our employee development programs.
- Develop and facilitate professional development as needed, including instructor-led (virtual and in-person) and e-learning formats. Will design and draft communications and learning materials.
- Serve on domain teams and task forces for global collaboration on our talent management HR systems. Be our LMS and PDP super-user, including process improvement recommendations and user education.
- Ensure our talent management competency language is integrated into our employee development and adopted across our locations.
- Lead education reimbursement program from employee advisement/coaching to policy administration.
You readily learn and adopt new technologies. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You view talent development as an organizational imperative. You engage in collaborative planning.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS Degree required with related major such as HR, L&D, HR systems preferred and 1 year of related experience.
- Ability to perform accurate and business driven data analytics with HR system data and effectively communicate results. Must be tech savvy, including excellent experience with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Will have positive people and relationship building skills, including the ability to effectively connect with and influence senior leadership and internal customers. Will maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all HR related matters and information.
- Should be detail oriented with project and time management skills as a team player who can delivery results
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Legal work authorization in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Prefer 2-5 years of prior related learning and development experience in a global organization
- Experience with Oracle HCM systems, specifically LMS
- Experience in implementing and improving talent management systems and processes, such as talent acquisition, succession planning, competency models, performance management, and training program development.
- Prefer being geographically mobile for future career opportunities
- Masters degree preferred
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website