At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Sales Leader has a Automation Solutions / Gulf Coast Area, and is focused on leading the development and execution of strategies resulting in topline profitable growth through increased penetration and working with various Sales Channels in the Gulf Coast Area
Main responsibilities of this position are the development and execution of various growth strategies around Refining Program, STOs and Critical Sites, Tier 3 Project Pursuit & DX resulting in profitable growth. The Sales Diretcor will focus on sustainability and renewables space on a direct and indirect basis and Drive Business results within the Gulf Area and increase scope & participation across all Industries & Business Units.
AS A GULF SALES DIRECTOR YOU WILL:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Direct Sales Channel and Impact Partners in the Gulf to drive incremental, profitable topline growth through the various Programs
- Continue to own, develop and evolve selling strategies around “White Space” as it pertains to all Shutdown, Turnaround & Outage (STOs) in all Critical Sites, Refining Program, Tier 3 Project Pursuits, Digital Tansformation and Sustainability opportunities identified in the Gulf
- Work with the Area Vice President and own the tracking, forecasting and driving orders through the various programs
- Drive Results through performance metrics for long term goals around all BU & / or Platform driven programs in the Gulf Coast Area
- Collaborate and drive the strategies to strengthen the relationships with all stakeholders with the intent to increase loyalty and market participation; identifying new business opportunities within the various programs
- Actively drive the inclusion and integration of Business Units, Emerson Programs and new Acquisitions into the Sustainability Program. Provide Thought leadership, pertinent sales tools and packaged solutions
- Participate in customer development activities as trade shows, fairs, conferences aiming to promote the sale of new products, solutions and services to the market
- Work closely with Americas Sustainability Sales Leader to define and implement standard communication methods and tools within WA & BU organizations. Responsible to coordinate communication strategy within the territory, both internally and externally
- High energy & passion is key to this role
- Collaboration & Communication across the organization is vital
- Lead by example and support High Performance Teams across the Sales Channels
- Achieve goals to grow the topline by formulating and driving a clear strategy
- Take decisions and to be held accountable for all decisions, actions & results
- Able to disrupt for the greater cause and are able to navigate the complex organization
- Gain the trust and confidence of customers, peers, sales leaders, executives, and the sales teams
- Build a sustainable, value added well oiled machine around the Growth Programs and Sustainability initiatives in the Gulf Coast Area
- A minimum of 8-10 years sales leadership experience in the industry
- Bachelors degree required – Engineering or Business
- Demonstrated Business Acumen and strong Drive for results
- Experienced in managing and directing “virtual” teams, with proven experience in directing and developing effective teams, and compelling vision for the team
- Ability to maneuver through the Emerson organization getting things done on behalf of the customer
- Strong presentation/communication skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that can effectively worl with all levels of a global workforce
- Up to 35% Travel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States -
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website