At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The candidate will be an essential member of a team-oriented Turbine Solutions Group with responsibilities for software design/implementation and test functions. Responsibilities will include providing technical leadership and innovative thinking in the development and testing of turbine control retrofit systems. Duties require experience with Siemens/Westinghouse and General Electric heavy duty combustion turbine controls with accompanying knowledge of Dry Low NOx (DLN1.0/2.0/2.6) and Low Emission Combustor (LEC) control algorithms. Experience with Pratt&Whitney/GE/RollsRoyce aero derivative gas turbine generator control systems is preferred. Candidate will provide leadership and direction to members of the GTS controls group and in the creation of software development standards/practices and work instructions. Candidate shall be self-motivated and possess effective skills for communicating with internal and external customers.
- Implement the Ovation control logic and graphics for the Gas Turbine Generator control system.
- Test, verify and document using Gas Turbine Simulator that the Ovation control system performs to specification.
- Develop the control narrative document describing the gas turbine unit operation and its associated alarms and trips.
- Conduct the Software Design Review (SDR) and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) with the customer.
- Provide Installation and Commissioning Support to our field service team.
- Provide post-Installation Customer Service Support.
- Lead projects independently
- Participate in project internal and customer Kick of Meeting (KOM)
- Co-ordinate with US lead engineer for design/implementation of control and graphics
- Track project budget, progress & quality of the projects and ensure periodic reporting to front offices
- 1st Division or equivalent GPA 10th / 12th / Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering from four-year College or University.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Gas Turbine Control System software development, implementation, testing and validation.
- Experience working for a major turbine manufacturer or turbine controls vendor (e.g. GE, Siemens, Westinghouse, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Toshiba, etc.).
- Gas Turbine Generator control algorithm knowledge (e.g. Fuel Governor, Sequencing and Auxiliaries, AGC, Isochronous and Droop controls etc.).
- Experience with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Proficiency with configuring database, logic and HMIs of one or more DCS platforms (e.g. Emerson Ovation, ABB/Bailey INFI 90, Siemens T3000, GE Mark V/ VI, Mitsubishi DIASYS Netmation, Invensys, Woodward Micronet etc.).
- Gas Turbine process knowledge.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel as may be required
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website