At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform administrative and secretarial duties for the VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas. It requires the ability to work in a multi-task environment with efficiency and professionalism. This position also requires creativity, self-motivation, and the ability to handle confidential matters discreetly.
1. Maintain the confidentially of the VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas.
2. Oversee the scheduling for the VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas including internal and external meetings, conference calls, and other events taking into account frequent changes and constant re-prioritizations.
3. Perform duties as required by Senior Staff.
4. Organize and maintain correspondence files and other record management for the VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas.
5. Arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities and record and transcribe minutes as required.
6. Make travel arrangements for VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas, and for selected staff members as required. Manage all aspects of executive travel arrangements. Ensure accuracy of ticketing. Anticipate and proactively assist the VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas with changes to travel plans regardless of time frames and scope of changes.
7. Complete all expenses (including travel, corporate cards and out-of-pocket) accurately and within procedural time frames. Research and resolve expense-related discrepancies as needed to obtain proper sign-offs.
8. Coordinate standardization of office layout.
9. Communicate and follow-up on assignments and requests from the VP/GM, Machine Automation Americas.
10. Provide data entry for software databases to support mergers, acquisitions, alliances etc.
11. Composes and types routine correspondence, presentations, and spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and software..
12. Monitor and review departmental mail including executive correspondence using judgment in follow-up on each item.
13. Ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality.
14. Uses computer as necessary to accomplish tasks.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate Degree in Secretarial Sciences or equivalent preferred. This may be satisfied by a statement on the employment application or resume.
Experience: Two or more years of related work experience or equivalent.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website