At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an Engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, OH location, you will be a part of the electrification movement and the next generation of variable speed motor drives. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a development team consisting of hardware, software, and test engineers to design reliable and cost effective motor control drives to support mobile air conditioning, transport refrigeration, and commercial refrigeration applications.
AS THE ENGINEERING MANAGER - POWER ELECTRONICS, YOU WILL:
- Guide the team through the new product development process while interacting with a cross functional team (Procurement, Quality, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing) and overseeing / directing the execution of the overall engineering design plan throughout various phases of product life
- Develop performance objectives and development plans for individual team members and facilitate Performance Management Process
- Lead/Assist development of product requirements, specifications, architecture and design
- Coordinate and review production line test specifications
- Develop and track project budgets, project manpower requirements, project schedules, project plans, and test plans,
- Coordinate internal / external design reviews, agency approvals, testing at 3rd party certification labs
- Provide customer support and issue resolution of problems in the field for both variable speed motor drives and compressor electronic diagnostic modules
- Provide supply chain support on end of life components for both variable speed motor drives and compressor electronic diagnostic modules
- You consistently use multiple methods to develop others.
- You ask questions and listen closely to all issues presented by stakeholders.
- You focus efforts on continuous improvement; and have a knack for identifying and seizing opportunities for synergy and integration.
- You take a proactive approach to shape and influence stakeholder expectations.
- You lay out a thorough schedule and list steps for achieving objectives.•
- You seek and act on feedback from a wide variety of people.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field in electronics
- Ten (10+) years experience in electronics new product development
- Three (3+) years experience managing cross functional teams
- Experience with power electronics design with embedded microcontrollers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel 5%-10% of the time
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field in electronics or MBA
- Strong technical project management competencies and problem solving skills
- Experience in developing motor control drives
- Understanding Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems / industries
- Experience with automotive, commercial vehicle, or off-road electronics
- Experience working with global team
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website