At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Electrical and Instrumentation Hardware Design Engineer is a member of the Cluj based Project Engineering team, which undertakes the design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of Process System and Solutions (PSS) or Power and Water Solutions (PWS) hardware projects. The E&I Hardware Design Engineer supports Senior / Lead Engineers in the delivery of project related Hardware Engineering deliverables. They are responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of work packages each of which comprises of individual tasks.
- Work within a project team to deliver one or more projects in parallel under the supervision of the Senior/Lead engineer;
- Responsible for the technical correctness of the hardware solution based on senior/LE specifications, as well as for the technical documentation;
- Draft cabinets design, Bill Of Materials output, power and heat calculation;
- Involvement in hardware internal testing, Factory Acceptance Tests;
- Provide technical assistance to cabinets assembly, pre-FATs and system startup according to project requirements;
- Follow the correct working methods, procedures, tools, and identify areas of improvement where needed;
- Perform other additional specific duties, when requested by the business - These will, typically, be strategic in nature but could potentially be anything that the post holder is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake;
- Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with market requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation (or any related field);
- Good knowledge of Engineering and Design programs such as AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical;
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience (as Hardware Engineering/in a project related environment);
- Computer Literate (knowledge of MS Office package;
- Good knowledge in technically related areas (ATEX etc.);
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages like French, German, Spanish is an advantage);
- Experience in working in project teams (especially geographically distributed teams).
Apply on company website