At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Sales Professional looking to excel and grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! We are looking for a talented candidate to take on a District Sales Manager (DSM) role located in California. You will be responsible for managing and growing an established territory covering Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara. Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to join Fluid and Motion Control, a business unit of Emerson, where you can excel in a fast-paced, performance-based, multicultural team atmosphere, delivering value to the industries we serve. This is a remote work opportunity located within the California territory.
AS A SALES PROFESSIONAL, YOU WILL:
- Target key OEMs & Engineering Firms
- Influence specification at OEM and key End User accounts
- Manage and maintain existing distribution and key customers
- Design & construct products according to requirements/specifications
- Present key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing the message on customer need & expectations
- Must understand technical issues, and can leverage previous technical experience to solve technical problems
- Ability to solve problems by gathering information and evaluating options
- Demonstrate experience in Fluid Automation Products & the marketplace
- Relate comfortably with people across all levels, functions, cultures, and geography
- You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts.
- You identify and create the processes necessary to get work done.
- You adjust communication to fit the audience and the message.
- You identify and seize new opportunities.
- Minimum 2 years of Industrial Sales experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent Industrial Sales experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Computer Programs
- Travel up to 50% (post-COVID restrictions)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in Fluid Power
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website