At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Our Sidney, OH location is searching for an Engineering professional to lead the Technical support team for the Air Conditioning (AC) Sales and Technical Services organization. You will work closely with our customers to provide proactive technical support for the application of our AC products and solutions. The Integration Engineers and Application Engineering team will report to and take direction from this leader to maintain and enhance our value proposition by providing world class technical services.
As a Director of Technical Services & Solutions, you will:
- Establish a vision and execution plan to achieve the objectives we desire around providing proactive, efficient, and responsive technical support to our customers.
- Help lead solutions selling and discovery efforts with a broad set of customers to find new innovative ways to solve our customers problems with new & future solutions.
- Lead efforts within the AC organization to enhance our HVAC systems expertise and talent development around the various HVAC system designs and processes.
- Identify and utilize various software systems and tools, such as system simulation software, to equip the tech service team with the tools needed to support internal and external customers.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product Engineering and other functions to establish product requirements, specifications and features that deliver differentiation and best applied value.
- Work closely with our Engineering, Technical Services & Quality organizations and laboratories to utilize various equipment and testing facilities to troubleshoot, validate and assess existing products and future technologies.
- Manage the budget for the Tech Services organization, including T&E, software, outside services, headcount, laboratory utilization, etc.
- Work with customers to deliver new and existing services to support the application of our existing and future products.
Who You Are:
You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts. You continually assess the market potential of an innovative idea or solution. You effectively align the interests of multiple, diverse stakeholders. You make people feel that their contributions are visible and valued. You develop others through coaching, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments. You remain energized and effective when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty.
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline, such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar applicable technical degree
- Ten (10+) years of relevant experience in technical leadership or customer facing roles
- Strong experience in R&D, product engineering, or engineering services environment
- A proven change leader, capable of framing the vision for the future and leading the action plan necessary to achieve such a vision
- Must be able to travel to customer and other Emerson locations as needed
- Attention to detail, excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Desire and passion for identifying new opportunities for improvement and problems that need to be solved
- Legal authorization to work in the United States, unrestricted for an unlimited period of time. - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Masters in Business (MBA) or Technical Degree (e.g. MSME) preferred
- Ten (10+) years of commercial or residential HVAC experience
- Business experience managing an organization, Profit & Loss objectives, Sales objectives is a plus.
- Strong experience with Thermodynamics, Vapor Compression Cycle and Heat Transfer knowledge applied to AC/HP systems
- Hands-on experience with Residential and Commercial HVAC equipment
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer communications skills with experience working directly with HVAC OEMs on new product design, development or troubleshooting
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website