At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.By joining us as a Director of Strategic Procurement, Actuation Technologies, Europe, under the mentorship of the Vice President, Global Supply Chain of the Actuation Technologies BU, you will develop and execute the Supply Chain strategy for Europe with a focus on developing a fast, flexible, reliable, and cost-effective supply base.
Working across a highly matrixed organization, you will collaborate closely with multiple functional teams to support and drive the continuous improvements and implementations of procurement initiatives.
If you take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm and consider yourself a strong leader with strategic mindset and you are willing to relocate to Italy, then join us in Fiorenzuola D'Arda!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead the transition and development of team members to be an outstanding strategic procurement organization;
- Develop annual strategy and plan to achieve BU-required NMI targets for Europe;
- Identify and develop high performing personnel to enable achievement of supply chain and overall business objectives;
- Fully participate in supplier selection, development, and management of suppliers located in Europe on behalf of the global supply chain organization;
- Drive the accuracy and timely submittal of Europe information necessary to maintain the global Inflation Model, such as containment and eSourcing activities, and the required Emerson Exhibits for KPI, President's Councils, Profitability Reviews, etc.;
- Ensure the use of robust Project Procurement tools and processes focused on driving margin uplift for complex projects;
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical or business discipline, supply chain preferred;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in similar roles or in relevant Strategic Sourcing functions and at least 5 years of functional leadership experience supply chain / procurement within complex matrix organization;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, proficiency in Italian represents a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Eye for business and ability to work efficiently with minimal direction in a sometimes-high pressure environment;
- Ability to travel extensively in the Europe region (primarily) and globally (occasionally).
WHO YOU ARE:
You are an independent, ambitious and strong leader, passionate about making an impact that always acts with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Director of Strategic Procurement, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website