At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Primary Objective of Position:
Under moderate supervision and at a fully competent level, independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures using sound judgment to make minor modifications and adaptations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Determine the nature and scope of assigned projects, as well as budget and schedule parameters, and delegate appropriately to developmental engineers.
- Determine the technical design criteria for the project.
- Ensure that appropriate background information, such as part designs, materials specifications, and governing code requirements, has been researched and incorporated into the design effort.
- Perform necessary design calculations for the project.
- Prepare schematic designs for the project based on rough sketches and notes provided by others.
- Assist in determining material quantities and specifications for the project.
- Coordinate with other disciplines involved in the project as necessary.
- Attend progress briefings and coordination checks to discuss the engineering effort and project status.
- Document all design criteria, calculations performed, and decisions made.
- Prepare studies and reports when appropriate.
- Direct and oversee the efforts of technicians, designers, and drafters assigned to the project.
Must have strong technical skills in appropriate engineering field, and a demonstrated track record of successfully assisting with and completing engineering projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong design skills in Mechanical Engineering. Good experience working on teams. Knowledge of structural vibrations along with finite element analysis would be a plus.
Two years relevant engineering experience, in which a good working knowledge of standard engineering principles, techniques, and applications has been obtained OR with a pertinent master's degree, no work experience required.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical Engineer highly preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website