At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Summary of Role:
- Interface between plant and sales office to meet monthly shipping targets
- Provide thorough updates and status reports to customers and Impact Partners
- Work with plants and buyers to prioritize orders and ensure customer satisfaction
- Support resolution of customer inquiries and adherence to customer request date
- Manage customer change orders and return material requests
- Proactively manage backlog execution from time of booking order to invoice
- Timely and comprehensive updates to customer on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Clear communication internally and externally – effective management of all stakeholders including customers, Emerson Impact Partners, Regional Sales Managers etc.
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Customer Communication:
- Be the primary point of contact of Emerson ISV to all customers/Emerson Impact Partners in an assigned region.
- Respond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours
- Conduct weekly calls with Customers to ensure orders are being executed to the customer request date
- Order Execution:
- Proactively manage backlog execution to deliver monthly POR shipment commitments
- Work across multiple disciplines to ensure orders are entered, released from all holds, scheduled and executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all orders are managed and have been entered correctly to ensure correct product specification, agreed delivery, certification, and documentation requirements
- Prioritize order execution with buyer and plant to ensure customer requirements are met
- Coordinate inspection if required.
- Status Updates:
- Proactively manage order backlog
- Assist in sales shipment forecasting
- Provide reporting on order status
- Follow up on commitments and delivery milestones with the plant
- Change Order Management:
- Provide technical and application support for customer inquires
- Resolve and process customer return material requests
Minimal Job Requirements:
- Suitable degree in business related field or equivalent experience
- Prefer 1+ year in the flow control industry with knowledge of valve and actuation applications or related knowledge of fluid mechanics and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Effectively work across company departments in order to produce quick results to a customer
- Self-starting and action oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Proficient computer skills including Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including using tact and good judgment when dealing with others.
- Experience with Oracle strongly preferred
- Action Oriented
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
- Able to lead change through influence
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website