At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Responsible for accumulating data to measure manufacturing product cost in terms of material, labor and burden. Report and interpret cost for the purposes of financial statement creation and management plans and the analysis of information. Assists in the preparation of manufacturing financial forecasts and the realized outcome of such.
- Cost and activate new purchased and manufactured items, reviewing for data integrity.
- Assist with the monthly closing process (cost of sales and inventory related journal entries, accruals for plant expenses, allocations, and related reporting requirements).
- Support in the development of annual frozen standard costs and manufacturing budgets, including standard department labor and overhead rates.
- Investigate monthly plant variances, reviewing actual vs forecasted expenditures.
- Provide regular reporting and detailed analysis of plant productivity data.
- Review material purchase price variances against the monthly forecasts and inflation models.
- Provide explanations for plant labor variances and work with the production planning department to keep the shop order WIP balance current and accurate.
- Monitor inventory valuation and cost of sales mix on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with internal audit and reconciliation of the plant's annual physical inventory.
- Audit the cycle count program and internal controls related to daily inventory accuracy.
- Allocate all support costs and variances to provide total actual cost of sales by product line.
- Analyze and report on warranty costs by product line.
- Oversee field demo inventory activity and expenses, coordinating an annual physical inventory of all field demo product.
- Assist in the implementation of financial systems, policies, and procedures as required.
- Other special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Two to four years of experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- CMA/CPA preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website