At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
The AC Sales Co-op will have the opportunity to support and work with the Sales and Marketing teams. Their objective is to support not only their managers and teammates but manage relationships with targeted prospect customers and wholesale customers. Their responsibilities may involve cross functional team interactions with professional members of Inside Sales, Product Management, Application Engineering.
Student responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Researching and analyzing customer data
- Assisting in determination of business opportunity size through report interpretation
- Assisting in developing, evaluating, implementing, updating and maintaining Sales department tools and processes
- Attending and participating in meetings and carrying out designated action items
- Supporting projects and managing time for multiple assignment
- Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, along with interest in sales
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-point)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (8am-5pm) during scheduled semester
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, along with interest in sales
- Strongly prefer a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Sophomore or higher class status
- Strong data research and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, analytical and decision making skills, and PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to work in a team setting
With a low cost of living, the Greater Miami Valley is home to growing communities. It is conveniently located a commutable distance from the University of Dayton and Wright State University. Located close to major cities such as Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, and Cincinnati; There is always something to do in the area. Visit sidneyalive.org/events and the other links to learn more about local events!
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website