At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
Students in these positions will assist engineers in the engineering analysis and testing of new product or product component designs. Co-op students will develop computer simulations to represent the dynamical behavior of current and potential product designs. These positions will also have the opportunity to interact with various other engineering teams and disciplines while working on projects. (Multiple Positions Available)
The student's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing engineering problems of products, summarizing data, and presenting results and findings
- Developing simple models and simulations
- Developing and evaluating system controls and diagnostic algorithms
- Contributing to the testing and evaluation of systems
- Creating free body diagrams
- Undergraduate Student currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) during scheduled semester.
- Undergraduate Student currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Strongly prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sophomore or higher class standing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and decision making skills, and PC Skills including Microsoft Office.
- Basic experience with computer programming languages of MATLAB, Simulink, LabView
- Strong engineering concepts (statics, dynamics, and physics) and problem solving skills
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area?
With a low cost of living, the Greater Miami Valley is home to growing communities. It is conveniently located a commutable distance from the University of Dayton and Wright State University. Located close to major cities such as Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, and Cincinnati; There is always something to do in the area. Visit sidneyalive.org/events and the other links to learn more about local events!
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website