At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today. Description
At the Helix Innovation Center, the candidate will collaborate with innovation leaders, innovation engineers and business leaders to address unmet needs in our industries. The role of the Helix is to identify and develop the next billion dollar opportunity for the company in the Home, Supermarket, Restaurant, and Transportation (logistics) ecosystems. Our work is expected to disrupt business models and industry best practices.
This work may include:
- Concept Illustrations
- Prototype mock-ups (conceptual and functional)
- User Interface / Experience Design
- Customer research
- Build concepts in CAD to prototype
The candidate will be expected to:
- Be Curious
- Drive Creative Problem Solving
- Contribute to Dialogue with their unique point of view
- Lead their own projects
- Effectively visually and verbally communicate with business leaders
- Position is at the Helix, 40 W. Stewart Street Dayton, OH 45479
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or a related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Ability to work potentially 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design.
- Strongly prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Sophomore or higher class standing.
- Self-motivated to explore and understand problems and look for solutions.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, analytical skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to work in a team environment.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website