At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining Emerson as a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be part of our ECNS team and you will be focused on ensuring all our cloud firewalls are operationally maintained to a standard, including software versions, features, and rulesets once operational. This includes understanding the interactions between these cloud firewalls and the underlying cloud network (Azure/AWS) and connectivity back into Emerson.
ECNS (Enterprise Cybersecurity and Network Solutions) design and operate our Wide Area Network, External Connectivity, Wireless and Data Switching environments. Over the past few years, the number of Firewalls we maintain, and associated rulesets has continued grow, particularly internal segmentation.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team. This role can be based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work closely with CCOE (Cloud Center of Excellence) on installing, initial configuration and build of new Cloud Firewalls
- Work closely with the CCOE on the network connectivity from the Cloud Provider back into Emerson ensuring full redundancy, monitoring and appropriate capacity planning are in place
- Work closely with the CCOE to ensure appropriate documentation exists and acts as liaison within ECNS to ensure cloud connectivity is well understood and communicates on major changes
- Work closely with the cloud vendors and Palo Alto to ensure are maintaining an appropriate firewall code version to support to high level of change within Azure
- Work closely with the External Access Service Owner on major firewall ruleset reviews and required remediation
- Drives any firewall software upgrades to ensure these are completely in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting: build, deploy and t-shoot VM-based Palo firewalls, comfortable pulling pcaps off firewalls and analyzing them in detail. Building and tearing down firewalls on the fly
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum of five years' experience in the design, implementation and operation of networks, including firewalling
- Cloud: at least one year of cloud experience in either Azure or AWS where Azure should be the emphasis
- Experience of working in a global environment essential
- Experience with Cisco VPN routers and connectivity to 3rd party vendor devices
- Experience with an Enterprise Firewall Platform, Cisco or Palo Alto preferred
- Experience with a Firewall Assessment Tool such as Firemon preferred but not essential
- Experience with Service Now and its change management system preferred but not essential
- Advanced English language skills (verbal, reading, writing, understanding)
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website