At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
With the change in business demand and climate, we need a stronger focus on Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationships, Standardization and Speed/Delivery for SYSS. The Category Manager establishes and manages cross-functional teams and drives category strategies, including in depth market understanding, sourcing, and strategic supplier relationships. You will serve as the primary commercial expert in the organization for assigned categories.
- Establishes and leads cross-functional teams for the development and execution of category strategies
- Drives and delivers Key Performance Measurements for assigned categories
- Navigate and analyze complex data to identify and pursue opportunities
- Actively seeks and leads opportunities to drive savings and deliver business results
- Works collaboratively with global iCenter organizations to ensure best global/regional sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Provide effective and responsive support for both Proposal and Project Execution teams in supplier identification, category expertise, and sourcing strategies for assigned categories and supply base.
- Conducts comprehensive market, supplier, and spend analyses for all assigned categories
- Assesses and establishes recommended supply base and ensures supply quality, speed and continuity of supply for business
- Manages and facilitates strategic supplier relationships and performance through regular supplier meetings and/or business reviews
- Develops, negotiates, and manages supplier contracts
20%-30% travel, including InternationalRequirements
- Bachelor Degree - Prefer engineering / operations / industrial
- 5+ years' experience within a Supply Chain Operations or Procurement function
- Strong knowledge in Supply Chain & Operations Processes
- Experience with negotiation and supplier engagement
- Prefer working experience in a global corporation
- Strongly prefer MBA Degree
- Prefer knowledge of Control Systems hardware
- Prefer experience in Automation Technology and familiarity with Process and/or Factory Automation industry
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website