At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.With the change in business demand and climate, we need a stronger focus on Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationships, Standardization and Speed/Delivery for SYSS. The Category Manager establishes and manages cross-functional teams and drives category strategies, including in depth market understanding, sourcing, and strategic supplier relationships. You will serve as the primary commercial expert in the organization for assigned categories.
AS A CATEGORY MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Establishes and leads cross-functional teams for the development and execution of category strategies
- Drives and delivers Key Performance Measurements for assigned categories
- Navigate and analyze complex data to identify and pursue opportunities
- Actively seeks and leads opportunities to drive savings and deliver business results
- Works collaboratively with global iCenter organizations to ensure best global/regional sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Provide effective and responsive support for both Proposal and Project Execution teams in supplier identification, category expertise, and sourcing strategies for assigned categories and supply base
- Conducts comprehensive market, supplier, and spend analyses for all assigned categories
- Assesses and establishes recommended supply base and ensures supply quality, speed and continuity of supply for business
- Manages and facilitates strategic supplier relationships and performance through regular supplier meetings and/or business reviews
- Develops, negotiates, and manages supplier contracts
WHO YOU ARE:
You understand internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations or a related technical field
5+ years experience within a Supply Chain Operations, Procurement function or Project/Product Management or Engineering role
- Negotiation and supplier/vendor engagement experience
- Industrial, automation, technology, medical experience
- Strong Data Analytical Skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
MBA (Master of Business Administration) – Strongly Preferred
Knowledge of Control Systems hardware
- Experience of working for a global corporation
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website