At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Located in Louisville since the 1950s, TopWorx is a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions. We are a leading global provider of sensing and valve control solutions for the world's most demanding applications. We continue to expand distribution around the world and create new and re-engineered products and solutions for our customers.
To maintain superior customer focus, we are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team. For the right candidate, this role can lead to other challenging opportunities in Sales, Marketing, Operations, or any other function within the Emerson network of companies around the world!
- The BDM will be responsible for all TopWorx sales activities within the Southwest United States (TX, OK) including development, strategy, and execution of the sales plan to meet Annual Operating Plan (AOP) sales numbers for the region
- Drive specifications for products with end users, engineering firms, and OEMs
- Engagement and strategic account planning with end-users, engineering firms, and key OEMs
- Provide guidance and presentation for solution differentiation with customers, District Sales Managers (DSMs), and management
- Coordinate with local, regional, and global contacts on projects, specification influence, and market initiatives
- Provide feedback on field issues and organize sales input for Marketing and Product Development
- Participate in industry key functions
- Coordinate market and key account efforts with Emerson teams and business units (BU's)
- Identify and assist in leveraging opportunities with other Emerson products and BU's
- Identify and pursue new market and product opportunities with Marketing and Engineering
- Facilitate communication in regions between DSM's and Regional Sales Directors (RSD's) regarding market and account activities
- Input and update project profile information and bring in appropriate other personnel
- Conduct product and application training both internally and externally
- Must be technically proficient and able to leverage that knowledge to solve technical problems
- Assist in activities on key accounts identified by DSM's, RSD's and Process Market Directors
- Provide strategic planning and direction for their assigned area of responsibility
- Function as an industry expert able to articulate the value our products and our organization
- Must be willing to travel throughout the territory (60%+ of the time) to lead business development, team-selling activities, and provide executive level closing when required on complex sales.
Education/Experience Preferred, Not Required:
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automation, etc.), business, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum eight years of progressive, industry product sales experience is essential. Expertise in process automation (DCS/PLC systems, Fieldbus/Modbus/Profibus protocols, valves, actuators, positioners, sensors, etc), digital and analog instrumentation, and industrial batch or continuous process operations is highly preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Excellent leadership, team work, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills required
Ability to thrive in an engineering/technology-driven industry is critical
History of demonstrated success in sales and territory management required
Location: Office out of Houston, TXWork Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website