At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining Emerson as a Business Development Manager MES, you will be at the center of our efforts to bring effective manufacturing execution systems (MES) solutions to our clients.
Working alongside our business and technical professionals, you will engage directly with both current and new customers to address their needs and expand our presence in the two designated markets.If you are a results-driven, customer-oriented person, with good knowledge of MES and a strong sales acumen, then join our team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop contacts and relationships within existing and new Emerson customers to ensure that we are fully aware of their needs and align sales messaging accordingly;
- Identify and lead new business opportunities with the aim of winning orders to meet agreed targets;
- Develop and lead the MES sales organisation in the UK and Ireland;
- Be the Systems Sales focal point during the project pursuit process;
- Work closely with the Process Systems and Solutions Regional Account Managers to maximise opportunities in the UK and Ireland;
- Assist in the qualification of potential projects to decide whether they should be pursued and prepare Action Plans for nominated projects;
- With business leadership, define the project pursuit strategy to be adopted (using appropriate Emerson Tools) and assist in assembling and coordinating an appropriate pursuit team;
- Arrange and assist in meetings, demonstrations and representations to show Emerson process Management capability in developing appropriate solutions for the customers' needs;
- Present and demonstrate our MES offer to potential customers;
- Provide competitive, technical and commercial input for each proposal and, if need be, produce the proposal in total. Take part in commercial negotiations with customer of sub-vendors to ensure the project is won;
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Educated to HNC and/or Degree level in Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- At least 2-3 years of experience operating within the process control and/or control systems market/industry, with strong technical knowledge of MES systems;
- Experience in sales, preferably of software and/or MES solutions in the process industry;
- Proven track record of direct selling in a B2B environment;
- Knowledge of Life Science Industry is an advantage;
- Good understanding of business drivers behind process plant automation and of decision process used;
- Experience working within a matrix organization is advantageous;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- English fluency;
- Willingness to travel frequently to fulfil duties of the role;
- Driver's License;
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You:
By joining Emerson as a Business Development Manager, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website