At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Manage and assist with a variety of commercial legal matters arising in a global manufacturing environment, with a focus on data privacy and security compliance, digital rights, e-commerce, smart products/IoT, cloud agreements, social media and digital marketing.
- Provide senior level legal support to Emerson Management, as well as programs and staff functions regarding a wide range of privacy and marketing related issues
- Serve as the primary corporate legal contact for global privacy related issues
- Provide strategic and day-to-day support and advice to Emerson and its subsidiaries on privacy related issues
- Identify and manage outside counsel when needed on privacy related matters.
- Advise on complaints of alleged violations of privacy rules, regulations, and policies and recommending the appropriate legal response
- Advise on the handling of data security incidents and related issues.
- Advise on ongoing processes for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and acting on complaints concerning incidents and/or breaches in privacy policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate and present senior leadership with information/updates on privacy matters
- Key contributor in strategically positioning, implementing and managing Emerson's Data Protection Compliance Program including:
- Risk Assessment of current and future practices
- Develop, implement, review and update written standards, communication and training
- Support the company's overall data privacy and security efforts, working closely with IT, IT Security, HR, Marketing and Internal Audit
- Work collaboratively with business platforms and subsidiaries worldwide to develop and implement processes, policies and training as needed, based on legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in-house or at a law firm, with strong background in global data privacy and security, compliance programs, IT systems, and information governance
- Experience with product or regulatory counseling related to consumer protection, privacy, compliance, data security, and intellectual property law
- Experience taking on projects involving different subject matters, and working with cross-functional organizations
- Familiarity with EU works councils/co-determination rights a plus
- Admitted to and member in good standing of any state bar (or ability to waive in to become a member)
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Desired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- In possession of all required licenses, certificates, registrations
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website