At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.SUMMARY OF ROLE
The World Area Quality Manager supports Isolation Valves business by ensuring proper supplier, product and part qualifications.
She/he has the responsibility of working with world area factories to ensure effective quality systems and processes are implemented.
She/he works directly factories to oversee performance of Rapid Response programs.
She/he also works closely with Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain in support of developing components, products or processes for New Products.
She/he leads world area supplier quality engineers to ensure full implementation of supplier quality processes for verification of supplier quality systems, special processes and qualification of first article / tryout parts for production.SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES World Area Quality Manager
- Set and reinforce standards for a safe work environment
- Collaborate with ISV world area factories have effective measurements systems and are tracking key quality metrics - Cost of Quality, Issue Response Rate, Testing First Pass Yield, Supplier DPPM and Customer PPM.
- Monitor, track and report world area quality metrics and performance to global operations teams.
- Support, train and reinforce effective root cause corrective action problem solving activities when operational performance is not meeting established targets.
- Drive a culture of quality across all world area factories through use of quality tools, communication plans, metrics and observations.
- Leads world area supplier quality programs. Ensures Supplier Quality Manual, Standards and Processes are implemented with ISV factories and their supply chain.
- Ensure ISV Suppliers audit plans are established and executed. Collaborate with Supplier Quality Engineers to conduct, review and approve supplier qualification assessments, reports and closure of corrective actions. Conduct Supplier quality system and special process (welding, heat treatment and NDE) audits as required.
- Work with ISV factory operations and supply chain teams to drive supplier improvement activities to improve Supplier DPPM.
- Coordinate with Rapid Response team to oversee performance related to resolution of customer issues.
- Drive adoption of Rapid Response across all factories through training of world area ISV Sales Offices, Operations and Product Teams.
- Manage issue resolution of key customer issues (when required) to ensure resolution and visibility of actions and cost impact.
- Visit ISV world area factories to review quality systems, practices, and methods. Recommend opportunities to drive product and service quality improvements.
- 20% Travel to Suppliers, ISV Factories or Customer Meetings
- Global Quality
- Global Operations
- Plant Quality and Supply teams
- P&IC managers
- Product Managers
- World Area Leadership Teams
- Cost of Quality
- Customer PPM
- Supplier DPPM
- Product Testing First Pass Yield
- Rapid Response Resolution Rates
- Fluent in English and Local Language (as required)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering or Technology related discipline such as mechanical / materials engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a leadership role in Quality Management, Supplier Quality Assurance, Operations, or Engineering
- Strong understanding of industry codes and standards, ASME IX, NACE, PED, among others.
- Training, certification and experience in welding, nondestructive testing and special processes related to material processing
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 or other Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of purchasing, material flows and manufacturing processes
- Persuasive communication, influencing, facilitating and presentation skills
- Capability in planning and analytics and structured problem solving
- She/he must be self-sufficient and requires little, if any, direct supervision or guidance
- She/he is actively engaged in building and improving suppliers' performance.
- Strong negotiation (internally and externally) and project management skills.
- Microsoft Office skills, especially MS-Excel skills
- Successful track record.
- Build Collaborative Relationships (both with suppliers and internal customers)
- Instill trust
- Customer Focus
- Drives for Results, Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Negotiation and Project Management skills
- Managerial courage (she/he makes decision under Director's leadership
Apply on company website