At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Emerson is looking for an Agile Engineer who is passionate and enjoys developing code.
- Ships continuously
This position is based on-site on the Emerson Global Headquarters campus.
- Knows at least a couple languages well
- An expert in at least one technical stack
- Could function as a ‘go-to' person for several technologies (e.g. Java, PostgreSQL, Ansible, etc…)
- Has some familiarity with operating systems other than their primary
- Comfortable automating some parts of the product
- Enjoys paired programming
- Comfortable translating business requirements into a design
- Has shipped at least one commercially used software product
- Has participated on several software projects
- Participates in product support (e.g. on call if necessary)
- Has a decent approach between getting the job done vs technical debt
- Understands agile development, could teach the ideas
- Can explain and communicate technically complicated and abstract topics to business and product teams effectively
- Willingness to put the needs of the team over their own
- Willingness to experiment with development processes with an open mind
- Has shipped multiple commercialized products
- Experience in related fields, e.g. customer support or data science
- Experience with a functional programming language
- Has an interest in the business, e.g. product viability and marketing
- Manages Complexity
- Nimble Learning
- Customer Focus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website