At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Accountant position is responsible for various general accounting duties including general ledger closing, fixed asset management, cash management, maintaining accounting records and performing analysis as required for the Regulator Technologies Business Unit.Responsibilities
- Prepare month end journal entries based upon supporting documentation.
- Perform key account analysis and reconciliations.
- Daily Sales/Orders Report
- Monthly commission reporting
- Prepare month-end journal entries based upon supporting documentation.
- Analyze and maintain Fixed Assets and CIP (Construction in Progress) to ensure proper recording of new purchases, disposals and depreciation expense.
- Perform various analysis as directed by the Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Perform key account analysis
- LTD and Bank Reconciliations
- Month- end-HFM load
- Monthly domestic netting- Serve as Intercompany payable contact: ensure that all monthly balances are properly recorded on the General Ledger and in HFM; Ensure that all balances are cleared in a timely manner; provide support to Non-US intercompany suppliers during annual audits.
- Maintain financial controls
- Backup to accounts payable
- Backup in labor processing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related discipline required.
- 1-3 years accounting experience required.
- General ledger experience required.
- Experience with month-end close required.
- Account analysis experience required.
- Account reconciliation required.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Mapics experience preferred.
- Travel (1-2 trips per year)
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website