At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
This position is responsible for analysis of factory costs, preparation of management reports, compilation of inventory costs and reserves, oversee cycle counting and assisting with data entry of inventory transactions. In addition, special purpose financial analyses of Division problems/opportunities are a key responsibility. The primary standards of measurement for satisfactory performance are as follows: 1) the timeliness, accuracy and clarity ofthe reports, analyses and schedules prepared under this position's management; 2) the ingenuity displayed in the performance of duties; and 3) the performance of his/her functions within budgeted costs.
1. Facilitate shop floor data entry and general accounting functions.
2. Direct and review entry of inventory transactions.
3. Develop improved management reporting capability. Emphasis is placed upon providing timely, accurate data.
4. Account for fixed asset expenditures, valuation and depreciation.
5. Responsible for preparation of records, reconciliation for audits and support for annual financial audit.
6. Direct cycle counting process.
7. Develop monthly journal entries as directed. Calculate and analyze financial reserves as directed.
8. Use computer as necessary to accomplish tasks.9. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent. This may be satisfied be a statement on the employment application or resume.
- Up to two years related experience or equivalent.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website