Are you looking for a meaningful way to connect with residents in the community? If so, please consider our home health aide opportunities at Elwyn. As a home health aide, you have the opportunity to care for individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities and assist them with their daily actvities.
POSITION SUMMARY: To train, counsel, and supervise those served in activities of daily living and community inclusion. Responsible for adhering to Individual Service Plan (ISP) goals and documenting progress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- * Ensures consumer safety in the home and community by adhering to the health and safety guidelines outlined in the ISP and by following training guidelines
- * Provides supervision, support, and companionship to consumer in the home and community by providing one to one service
- * Assists consumer in attending medical needs or appointments
- * Assists consumer in working toward goals outlined in the ISP and documents progress toward consumer goals
- * Performs all necessary record keeping tasks, including submitting time sheets, receipts, personal expenses, and documenting mileage on time as outlined by supervisor
- * Performs other assigned job duties
- * Acts as an advocate for the disabled individual in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: In Home Supports Program Manager/Program Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, Elwyn consumers, consumer natural support system, community support services, and community members at large
- * High school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma (GED). Associate's degree or 60 credit hours at the college level degree preferred with a concentration in a human service field desirable
- * Three (3) years direct care experience with H.S. Diploma, GED, or less than 60 college credits. One (1) direct care experience with associate's degree or 60 Credit hours in human service field
- * Valid driver's license in state of residence with safe driving record and continuous maintenance of same
- * Demonstrated ability to maintain personal neutrality in challenging situations
- * Must possess good interaction and written and verbal communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: Neat appearance. Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings. See Physical Demands Checklist.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."#mon, #ca keywords: melmark, blossom, devereaux, bancroft, merakey, direct support, direct care, DSP, direct care, HHA, certified nursing assistant, CNA, fair acres, behavioral health, mental health, nursing home, hospital, jefferson, aria, einstein, abington, temple, frankford, hup, hospital of university of pennsylvania, hahnemann
Apply on company website