Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Elekta, World's leading developer of state-of-the art medical tools and treatment planning systems, is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team.
As a Field Service Engineer, you must be customer-focused and able to perform all mechanical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion, while meeting all required administrative requirements. You must have a strong electronics background, and available to travel when required. This position warrants the highest level of professional representation between the customer and the company in all aspects of the customer relations. It also warrants the undivided support of projects, programs, and policies established by the Company.
This is a remote position which requires the selected candidate to reside/relocate in the surrounding area where the position is located (Ashville, NC).
- Independently perform routine troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with an 80% success rate of diagnosing the problem while working within the escalation procedure.
- Able to complete all Technician Responsibilities with 100% accuracy.
- Perform routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on their designated modality and secondary modality.
- Perform installations with assistance, on designated and secondary modality.
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A), and use peripheral vision to gauge distances.
- Work safely on Elekta's full range of products including medical devices producing high-energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Instruct customers and staff in proper use of the equipment.
- Assist Sales/Customer Service with technical advice.
- Stay current on all new products.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paperwork as assigned.
- Parts inventory management (part sales where applicable). Maintain all company-leased equipment, including company automobile, parts, and tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Incorporates Elekta Values into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Adhere to all Elekta directives, policies and procedures
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Electronics, Physics or an associated discipline.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related field service experience or be Level 2 qualified in two (2) or more modalities.
- Electro-mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must be computer literate.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters.
- A good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, including ESD requirements.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to organize and prepare reports.
- Ability to bend and lift heavy machinery/equipment.
- Must maintain an active driver's license in the home state and must be willing to travel when required, based on the needs of the business.
- Uphold the Elekta's philosophy and all policies and procedures by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, there by fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
Apply on company website