Edlio is a rapidly growing technology company with a portfolio of software solutions in the K-12 education sector. Thousands of customers trust our products and we continue to build on our vision to transform the education technology sector to help improve the lives of school administrators, teachers, parents, and students. Our current portfolio of software solutions include an Enterprise Content Management System and a suite of Online Payments solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Tech Lead to join our team and help scale our product development efforts on our Enterprise Content Management System. This is a hands-on technical role that will also lead a team, help define the roadmap, and deliver on the roadmap priorities.
The ideal candidate will have prior hands-on experience working as a systems architect, strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of building and delivering customer facing product functionality.
Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English and willing to work in Pacific time zone (UTC-8) hours.
- Design, develop, and implement new front-end and back-end software functionality
- Work with other Tech Leads and DevOps to architect and design new technical solutions
- Lead the team with a can-do attitude, integrity, and setting an example through hands-on mentoring
- Collaborate with Product Managers to deliver new customer facing product functionality
- Take operational responsibility for the components that are built
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with a server side programming language (Java, Node.js, Python, Golang)
- 3+ years of team lead experience
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks (React/Angular)
- Experience with Linux command line
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience developing with Java 8+, Kotlin, and Spring
- Experience with Java Server Pages (JSP) and web application servers (Apache Tomcat)
- Experience with Java build tools (Gradle/Maven/Ant)
- Experience with Node.js and related technologies
- Familiarity with the AWS toolset (Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, S3, ECS, CloudFront)
- Familiarity with designing and building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with unit testing (JUnit, Mocha)
- Prior experience with scripting languages (Perl/Python/Bash)
- Prior experience with some of the other technologies we work with: ES6, TypeScript, Git, GraphQL, Docker, Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch, Vagrant, Jenkins
- Remote Position (Work from anywhere)
- Professional development and continued education opportunities
Apply on company website